My Blog List

Sunday, October 28, 2012


Sunday, October 28, 2012.
Name of the book: The U.S. COAST GUARD
Author: DENNIS L. NOBLE
Number of pages read: 5

 
This new chapter talks about “Fighting Pirates."
The pirates interfered with the commerce in the Gulf of Mexico. Therefore, on August 31, 1879 Captain Jairus Loomis of Louisiana took by assault the ship of the pirate Jean Lafitte. The captain liberated to many prisoners captured. In addition, the captain Loomis also set in the search the pirates. Thus, there were American ships to enforce a trade blockade with their enemy Napoleon France. On the other hand, the British were supplying to Native Americans with armaments and inciting them to attack American settlers.
Moreover, in the xx century, the U.S. Revenue Cutter   Service proved to be a seagoing police force that they were prepared for the battle. Therefore, the U.S. Revenue Cutter Service provided an invaluable service in the Civil War. After years, in 1915, the U.S. Revenue Cutter Service was joined with the U.S. Life-Saving Service. This new service was called the U.S. Coast Guard. 
Comments
This new chapter becomes very interesting because it tells that there were clashes between soldiers and pirates. It is also entertaining because most of this chapter has action scenes.123
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I think this chapter seems very sad because it has alot of prblemes in these country. also, I heard about people who died in civil war .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your summery. I reminded about pirates. In the past, I taught piracy is related about liberty because I taught that behavior against the government or countries. However, now I know that behavior is very vicious and crudity because I heard some news about piracy.

    ReplyDelete